Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Second-rate is never okay

Awhile ago I ordered a box of mugs with my company logo imprinted. They arrived looking really great, just as I'd pictured. I was impressed.

When I ordered the mugs originally, there was a special offer for two free additional mugs with a different imprint. So I took advantage of that deal and sent a different logo for the free mugs. They didn't arrive with the first order, but I was assured they'd shipped seperately.

A week later I received the additional mugs. When I opened the box, one was broken in three pieces. Both mugs displayed a logo that was barely recognizeable because the colors were completely wrong. The quality was downright terrible. I wasn't so impressed anymore.

I called the company to inquire about replacing the mugs and was told that because they were free, they couldn't be reproduced. Basically, the company didn't care that the two mugs weren't useable--my original shipment was the only one that mattered to them because I'd paid for it.

My opinion of that company went downhill fast. If they really cared about the quality of their work, regardless of cost, they would want to produce a quality product every time--or make it right.

They didn't see it that way. Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment