Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sunshine on a cloudy day

As I sit at my desk to write this, my eye is drawn to the window and the steady, driving rain outside. It's just the type of day that makes you want to curl up on the couch under a blanket with a hot cup of tea and a great book. Maybe even grab a nap.

Sometimes on a sunny day I feel the same sense of gloom. I just want to curl up and get away from it all...days when I can't find the magic words to put on paper, the single-mindedness to concentrate on research, or the brilliance to come up with a new theme for a tired campaign. So on those days in particular I seek out inspiration--my sunshine on a cloudy day, if you will.

Here's what inspires me:
Reading a thought-provoking article or quote
Sharing a good laugh
Planning a get-together with friends
Rearranging furniture
Framing a favorite photo and putting it on my desk
Looking at vacation pictures
Picking out funny greeting cards

Everyone needs a little inspiration. What's your sunshine when the clouds roll in? Think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment